Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Summer Conclave at WHW - July 2nd

Started by Van Helser, April 21, 2011, 05:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

Good to see there's some interest already.  I'll be looking for at least 10 attendees before committing.

The theme of The Antonine Amulets is the Cold Trade in Xenos artefacts in the Carthaxian Sector.  Therefore, Inquisitorial teams, Rogue Traders and their entourages, xenos groups, mercenaries, heretics and hereteks will all be interested in gaining control of/putting down/profiting from the day's gaming.

The campaign will have up to four games for each player, but like the Spring Conclave last year, will probably require players to GM one game throughout the day, unless there are people solely wanting to GM with me.  There won't necessarily be a downside to missing one game, as players won't run the risk of losing the "assets" which are vital to control of the Cold Trade.  Sample scenarios will be provided to run so people don't have to dream up scenarios if they don't want to.

Our WHW contact is also asking if we would want food on the day.  I wasn't particularly impressed with the offerings in the canteen for the price we paid, so was thinking I'd just risk queues at Bugmans.  If anyone would like the canteen option please let me know.

Ruaridh

Heroka Vendile

Don't think I'll be able to do this one. Got plans for that Friday evening which basically means no way of reasonably getting down for the Saturday morning by the usual train/plane methods.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Stormgrad

I guess i wont be interested in the food option as i'll have to get the missus to do an even more epic pack lunch to yet further impress you all

Toot

I'm game, got a group of Xenos Bounty Hunters in progress at the moment. This'll give me a nice deadline for them.

MarcoSkoll

What are the food options? If it's the pizza option that's been offered in the past, maybe. If it's the canteen of mystery, probably not.

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on April 23, 2011, 02:04:19 PMDon't think I'll be able to do this one.
Your luck with event dates isn't going well right now, is it? Can't make the Autumn (which WHW still haven't confirmed - grrrr!), can't make the Summer.  Hope you have better luck with any Winter Conclave there may be.

You know, there had better be a Winter 'Clave. I've got lots of modelling projects, all of whom will start a mutiny if they have to wait too long to make it to a WHW event. I am going to try and give some of them NPC roles in the Autumn Clave (expect an odd few guest appearances from my PCs), but it's obviously not the same.

With that in mind, I'm considering bringing the Battle Sister to this one as a temporary secondment to Katlien's team (although whether she does get used will depend on the warband selection rules) so she doesn't have to wait until I've got the time to finish the Ecclesiarchy warband, which is quite a low priority right now.

Quote from: Kaled on April 21, 2011, 05:45:46 PMIt'll be a good chance to field test one of my new warbands - the difficult bit will be deciding which one
My vote - not that it really matters - would be the Rogue Trader's.

The Tau are, as we'd expect from you, very well done, but I think you outdid yourself with those RT characters, and I'd love the chance to see them in person.
Obviously, you could just bring them along to show them off, but I'm going to be greedy and hope for a chance to play against them. ;D

Even if that does mean I'll have to not disgrace my models with yet another "Meh" paintjob so as to avoid that feeling of utter inadequacy when they end up on the same table as yours. (Which, coincidentally, was largely how my first game at the 2009 IGT went. "Oh gods, I've just put down three models I had to skip sleep to get enough paint on, and that's Orla Riall on the other side of the table.")
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Van Helser

The food option is most likely the canteen of slim-pickings.

Shame you can't make this one Euan.  Table for one on Friday and Saturday night for me!

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Van Helser on April 23, 2011, 11:27:01 AM
The theme of The Antonine Amulets is the Cold Trade in Xenos artefacts in the Carthaxian Sector. 

Tech Adept Liwet would certainly be interested in Xenos technology  ;D
(so i'll be in attendance!)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Bloodpact

Im predicting at least 2 tech adepts based on a particular sculpt familiar to people around these parts!
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

Necris

Its highly unlikely that I'll be around for this one as the little Inquisitor will be in training by then and I've already booked off a few weekends in July
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Van Helser

I'd still like to see a couple more attendees for this to definitely go ahead - If I can get up to about 12 then I'll get my plane booked.  I'll wait until the end of the week before making a decision.

So, anyone else want to try and get a piece of the Cold Trade?

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

Liwet has her Transportation Servitor receiving some maintenance in anticipation; let's hope there's some trade :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on May 02, 2011, 08:57:37 PM
Liwet has her Transportation Servitor receiving some maintenance in anticipation; let's hope there's some trade :D

That's cracking that is! I might have to borrow that one :)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

mattausten86

If i can get the day off work i should be able to make it with my rogue ad-mech warband!!

cheers
matt

Bloodpact

Is it worth putting a list of people who have confirmed their attendance on this thread?
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

MarcoSkoll

It's always worth having a list of possibles.  For the sake of saving others the effort, here's the list so far:

Kaled
Stormgrad
Shannow
Holiad
Myriad
MarcoSkoll
Dirkthe1
Bloodpact
Bloodpact's mate (Apparently the same person as below)
Toot
Greenstuff_Gav

~~~~~

So, have we got a Summer Conclave yet?

If not, I might have go and fill someone's car with baked beans to cheer myself up. But then again, I might do it anyway. If you've never seen the expression of someone who's just realised their BMW is full of tomato sauce and stewed haricot beans - well, you're probably a more sensible person than I am.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles