Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Conclave / Carthax Sector wiki?

Started by Kaled, September 29, 2011, 05:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Could I perhaps suggest that the "Notable Events" section is dated?

Obviously in an appropriately in character fashion (so the recent Summer Conclave would be Septimus 2nd M42.011 or something), but it would prove useful in piecing it all together if the events were at least in order.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Sub-sectors and dates are both very good ideas.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Van Helser

This is exactly the kick up the arse I've been needing to finish the summer conclave write up!

greenstuff_gav

I had a quick browse (& signed up :-)).. Great idea! I'm often too preoccupied to hunt thru carthax stuff here :-S

Personally i'd keep the whole thing in character; this would work alongside the rule/ hobby-heavy Conclave?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

I think we can be a bit flexible about exactly how in character individual parts may be.

Obviously stuff relating to playing the game would be a bit too weird if that was in character!
We also have to be considerate that, although I admit I haven't yet tried it, using headings like +++FORMER HISTORY+++ would probably look pretty bad on a page's list of contents with that all-caps and extra punctuation.

Although I did go a bit like that when trying to add brief summaries to the notable events page. On which note, someone who was actually at the events I wasn't will need to deal with that nasty data corruption error. Can't think why it's only the ones I wasn't at which got corrupted.

On other things to do, given it's also a general Inquisitor wiki, I guess I should probably add a page relating to the Skoll Archive at some point.

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

I guess this wiki would be the best place to put in all the Conclave-accepted special abilities and weapons?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

I don't see why we can't add sections for such things...

Brother_Brimstone

Right; registered and added Zophar/Sarthuul as a page. I've referenced the election of Lord Calleia in the article - i would assume that will be getting a page of its own? (unless it already has one, in which case, disregard what i just said!) If it doesn't exist, then when it does, i'll link across to it, and if it already exists, if someone points me in the right direction, i'll make a link.

Also, should just add; great idea, Dave. i think something like this could be really useful in helping make the residents of the carthax sector feel even more like an interlinked community, whilst simultaneously making it more accessible to outsiders.

Kaled

I've uploaded most, if not all, of my posts from the Carthaxian Conclave thread - I'll leave it up to other people as to how much of their stuff they want to transfer over.

I've added a few characters and I see other people have done so as well, which is great.  I haven't posted stats for my characters, but if people want to do that then I have no problem with the idea.

Also, I've had another go at the logo - it's looking much better than that temporary one...

RobSkib

Well I've started up a small page about special abilities here and wrote a small bit about the Ready Reckoner, if anybody has any of their own special abilities they'd like to add to the list, please feel free to do so!

It'd be good to get the large majority of all generic special rules used by the 'Clave down in one place, as I imagine lots of people have similar rules under different names. It would save a lot of hassle at gatherings if people have at least heard of these rules when they're used by other people.

Obviously character-specific special rules aren't really needed, as it's just the general anyone-can-use-them rules I'm after here. I might see if I can find that thread in the Rules forum and borrow some of them...

*pre-post edit* Kaled got in before me there - I like the logo! I will be uploading pictures of my characters when I get back to uni so I can take some decent snaps of them and write a bit of their backstory. I think in regards to stats, I'm likely to only include stats for characters that have interesting statlines or special rules, I certainly won't be posting stats for regulars at conclave gatherings! They all have an achilles heel, but you'll have to find that out for yourselves :P

*post-post edit* Kudos to Aurelius, Zakkeg, PO and Spanielbear for your input! I've raided archives so you can get cited for your work here, rather than cluttering up the wiki.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Argh! Clash!

Tried writing a summary of the Succession, only to find it was mixed in with an attempt Kaled had apparently beaten me to.

Well, I've taken the relevant bits out of what I did and hidden them in amongst the rest. Not hugely pretty, but it plugs a couple of holes until someone with more time than me can make it prettier.

GW's =I= articles

DapperAnarchist

Personally, I see no problem with multiple conflicting accounts - 1) this is Inquisitor 2) this is the Conclave and 3) Everything You Have Been Told Is A Lie.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

No, that's not the problem. We'd written the same thing in different ways.

It's not a big deal. Anyway, I need to go to the DIY now, so ta-ra!

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

Wilderwest added to subsectors category.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

DapperAnarchist

As is Keltani - I'll follow Macabre by adding a map when I find where its lurking on one of the various hard drives around this room, but will leave the rest until I start actually doing some proper gaming
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!