Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Conclave / Carthax Sector wiki?

Started by Kaled, September 29, 2011, 05:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

On the note of Carthage, was there ever an official end to the events? I remember it petering out after Koval wandered off, which is a bit of a hole in some of my character backgrounds.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

Kaled

Quote from: Necris on October 01, 2011, 11:19:43 PM
I've added a History of the Sector page for those events within the sector that have not had games attached to them, such as the Carthage Massacre
I've started a discussion on this page as it directly contradicts what is written on the Carthax Sector page and I don't know if that was deliberate. Also, I suggest we name this History page into a timeline with (at least rough) dates for each event. Or perhaps, rather than putting exact dates which would just be difficult and result in a lot of inconsistency, we should create some 'eras' in Carthaxian History much like the eras in the latest 40k rulebook and then order events within each era. One era would be events that happened since we started playing in the sector, the rest would be for the sector's history.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Necris

My bad I could not remember if it was dorn or gulliman will edit that

I like the eras idea most of the ones I posted are the present era
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Necris

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

RobSkib

Alrighty, I'm going to start doing as marco suggested - all my page names will be titled 'first name second name', with the full titles of my characters as a header on the actual page itself. Should avoid too much confusion...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Given we've now got a specific timeline page, I think I'd prefer to rename the "Notable Events" page to something like "Inquisition Conclaves", "High Conclaves","Inquisition Investigations" or something similar (maybe including the word "Recent" or "Major"), because otherwise it implies all the other events on the timeline are somehow not notable.

Any comments, complaints or suggestions?

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Yup, good idea. I think any of the Conclave gatherings should be named something to set them apart from the other events just because they are 'group' events. I think everything else should be 'notable' events or whatever, just so people who don't go to the Clave gatherings or run campaigns in between have somewhere to put their stories.
                                     +++++++

MarcoSkoll

Sounds like a good differentiation to make. I'm not sure either would normally fit under the "Carthax Sector" category on the side bar though, so would probably have to get moved to to the "Carthaxian Conclave" category.

So maybe we'd get a side bar like:

~~~~~

The Carthax Sector
- History of the Sector
- Sub-sectors
- Neighbouring Sectors

The Carthaxian Conclave
Recent History:
- Conclaves (which would be an index of Conclave events)
- Investigations (which would be an index of games outside of the events)
Ordos:
- Ordo Malleus
- Ordo Hereticus
- Ordo Xenos
- Ordos Minoris
- Unaligned Inquisitors
- Cabals & Cells

~~~~~

Or maybe it could be "High Conclaves" and "Low Conclaves" or any other combination that appeals to you.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Going with the 'Conclaves' idea, we could take the perspective of the forum meet-ups being when Inquisitors report their recent actions, with the games we play dramatising the stories they tell each other.

So the "Conclave of M42.011.5 - Reports on the Cold Trade" would be an IC list of the events from games played at the Summer forum meet 2011.
"Grand Conclave of M42.011.3" would be the IGT '11.
"Conclave of M42.008.3 - Reports on the Grundig Affair"
etc etc

My decimals might be a bit off, I was just going with .3=spring .5=summer, .7=autumn & .0/.9=winter. Alternatively we could put the full date it, ignoring the 1000th's of a year thing that is GW canon.

Also the split between Conclaves (big meets) and Investigations (local games) is something that makes sense, but still makes the local games feel important.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

I concur - that sounds good to me. It would be worth adding a paragraph to the top of the Conclaves and Investigations pages to make it clear the distinction between the two.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Well, I've rearranged the page. If there are any complaints it can be further adjusted, but people seemed alright with it, so I just went ahead with it. There's no redirect, as the only page that linked to Notable Events was the side bar, so I just changed that link.

So we didn't have a blank starting page for the Investigations - and I know they're not actually Inquisitor, but they're set in the Carthax Sector - I listed the VOIP Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader games.

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on October 02, 2011, 06:31:26 PMAlternatively we could put the full date it, ignoring the 1000th's of a year thing that is GW canon.
That's what I was doing, swapping out the names of the months with Latin ordinal numbers (So Quartus would be April), as I'm fairly sure I've seen done here and there. It allows us to actually put the correct dates down in a vaguely fluffy manner.

Okay, there'll always be the muppet who thinks "Septimus" through "Decimus" refer to September through December - which is two months out, of course - but you can't help that.

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

So essentially, months would categorised as something like;

Sanguinius
Dominica
Malcador
Quartus
Dorn
Valdor
Thor
Guilliman
Septimus
Octavius
Novus
Decimus
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Canis-Sapiens

I've applied to join the wiki, i'l post my character pages when i some time.

RobSkib

Huzzah! It's being fleshed out quite nicely. It's been the excuse I needed to finally write some proper (if a bit shaky ;) ) backgrounds for my major characters.

I don't want to be nitpicky though, but just browsing through I noticed Octavian Lars has added

Quote from: Inquisitor Octavian LarsDionysus Cell -a cell of acolytes under the command of an unknown inquisitor. Currently investigating a xeno race known as the daleks.

To the Cabals & Cells page. While I don't have any problem with people adding to the wiki (more people need to add their characters!), I think you might tread on a few toes if you have a Xeno race called 'Daleks' in Inquisitor...
                                     +++++++