Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Twin Arches (Autumn Conclave 2012) - December 1st, WHW

Started by MarcoSkoll, April 06, 2012, 12:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keravin

I was thinking I'd like to not play a good guy this time.  If I can get her done then Inquisitrix Kyia Cardainn - the Xenos Game hunter is who I'd like to bring as I think she works well for going visiting other locales.

Necris

I should be able to come along to this (Just need to check some dates)

I'll defiantly be at 54mm but will get my ass in gear and bloody well finish some of my 28mm stuff too so put me down for both scales, (Just nee to finish my bretonnian  marines and dark elf forces first)

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Bloodpact

I might be able to make a 28mm warband, but i've always been a fan of Inq because of the different scale, and always opposed 28mm play, but the needs of the group must take precedent. The Forge World event Enforcer and Dog does have Inq28 written all over it though, so i may be convinced to scrape something together as this guys is staring at me from my desk.
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

MarcoSkoll

Don't feel, if you're not a fan of one scale or the other, that there is any pressure to play at both. It's optional, not compulsory.

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Bloodpact

Maybe its what i need to drag me out of my comfort zone. And i reckon i could make an awesome looking 28mm warband :)
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Bloodpact on June 15, 2012, 11:49:35 PM
And i reckon i could make an awesome looking 28mm warband :)

dooo iiiit!
and do a photo-blog as we like pictures :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

I've put all the responses I've got so far on the lists.

Not exactly the flurry of entrants I would like, and not yet enough to commit to this yet.

I'm appealing again for any interest, both here and on Ammobunker. In any case, I'm giving the event its WIP title of "The Twin Arches" in the hope this sounds less forum biased than "Autumn Conclave".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Sure I'm down for this! I'll knock up a 28mm warband as well, and as usual, I'll be bringing along another 1-5 other people depending on which of my mates are free at that time.

Count us in!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Right-ho. In any case, I think we've in theory got enough possible now, assuming I take a slightly optimistic view about how many of the possible +1's will turn up, and we don't lose many that don't get replaced by a few more recruits down the line.

The question is now whether I e-mail or phone them. They've not proven good at responding to my e-mails, but it might be best to have the somewhat unusual event requirements laid out in plain text*.
*Given that they listened so well to when I phoned them that they utterly failed to tell the team member working that weekend that we were due to be there.

Maybe ring them, get a team member assigned, then e-mail the details straight to them...

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

It seemed suspiciously easy when I rang them up, the phone call was less than four minutes long. I'll probably drop them an email and a phone call every few weeks just to keep our event at the top of their pile.

I'm sure more people will turn up on the day as well, I know the 'Clave is infamous for its lurkers...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

Right, after forgetting/procrastinating for a few weeks, I finally got myself to ring WHW and we are now booked in for 8 (+1) tables on Saturday Dec 1st. Short of my suffering unfortunate demise between then and now, this event is happening.

Now I need to work on the necessary terrain pieces - amongst no shortage of other things.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Do you not have terrain you can re-use?

MarcoSkoll

The theme of the event requires some fairly specific terrain pieces for the finale - so no, I don't have exactly what I need.

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Fair enough for the finale, but surely you don't have to go overboard with the preceding bits as well.

Cortez

I should be able to attend.

That will probably give me just enough time to fail to finish off some more models.