Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2009 - Sat 12 Dec - Warhammer World - UPDATED

Started by precinctomega, October 14, 2009, 08:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Inquisitor Ranovack

though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

The_fire_cleans

I can come: I break up the day before.
I may also be coming with some people from my local GW, depending interest.
Do we have to pay in advance, or can we pay on the day?

S

precinctomega

You can pay on the day but, as previously mentioned, I'm limiting the day to a maximum of 24 places.

You can email PayPal payments to precinctomega [at] googlemail [dot] com or post cheques to the usual address.

I'm going mad at the moment, trying to sell my house.

R.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on November 09, 2009, 04:38:03 PM
You can pay on the day but, as previously mentioned, I'm limiting the day to a maximum of 24 places.

plus if there's not enough pre-bookings we risk it not happening at all?

c'mon peeps! cough up! :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

precinctomega

Right, just had a chat with Warhammer World and there's good news and bad news.

The good news all comes from WHW.

First, our event is running in parallel with Jervis Johnson's exclusive invitational.  The only reason we get to go ahead is because I made the booking over ten months ago, otherwise we'd have been shut out.  So if you want another chance to meet Jervis and quite a few other luminaries from the Studio, this is your golden opportunity, as well as a shining chance to show the Studio powers-that-be that Inquisitor is alive and kicking and desperate for attention!

Second (still good news) is that the parallel event gives us a chance to get in on the catering.  This will mean we will know exactly when our food is ready and there won't be any queueing (I'm told that reaching the bar in Bugman's at lunchtime on this day may, actually, be impossible).

Now the slightly bad news:

First, you're going to have to pay extra for the lunch.  I don't know how much yet, nor do I know the menu.  However, the more people who come, the less I'll have to charge for lunch.  If I get a full complement of 24 people, lunch will be free.  More info as it's available.

Second, I'm giving the pre-registration two more week, from today.  If I have fewer than ten registrations by 29 Nov 09, I'm going to cancel the event and refund all payments.  I am going to get out onto the other forums with a bit more aggression over this fortnight, but I'm having trouble with my documentation.  Is there anyone out there who could modify the PDF document for me, according to some simple instructions?  I only need to make a few changes, but I don't have the software to modify PDFs and I can't locate the original Word file.  I just don't have time to type it all out again!

Finally, just so we're clear: so far I have two registrations.  That's it.  Two.  Thank you Gav and Kaled.  But these guys are going to get their money back if I don't get any more.

R.

The_fire_cleans

I'll be able to pay soon next week, the only question being how many people who will also come.

Free Lunch you say...

EVERYONE:PAY AS SOON AS YOU CAN. ;D

Kaled

I have to say I'm rather surprised by the lack of enthusiasm this year - especially after last year which was very successful.  I wonder if the 'tournament' label is putting some of the newer players off?  The atmosphere for the day is far from being hyper-competitive and generally everyone is there to have fun.  It's certainly not an event where loads of experience is a pre-requisitie - in fact, I'd played less than half a dozen games when I attended the tournament in 2007.  As long as you go in with the right attitude and are prepared to have fun and play your characters in an interesting way rather than just trying to slaughter the opposition then you'll do just fine.  The tournament in 2007 was also my first experience of GMing a game - the experience was somewhat nerve-wracking at first, but I just played a simple scenario and let the players get on with things (I probably didn't get many points in that round, but there are plenty of points on offer elsewhere) -  so certainly don't worry about being an inexperienced GM.

If anyone is considering coming along but wants to know a bit more about the event before they hand over their money, just ask - there are plenty of people who have attended the event in the past who would, I'm sure, be happy to answer your questions.

Given that Jervis and co are going to be there, it'd be a shame if the event didn't take place - as PO says, this is a perfect opportunity to remind the studio that Inquisitor is still a well-loved game with dedicated players.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Van Helser

Damn my cousin and his ridiculous choice of date for his wedding!

Showing off how popular Inquisitor is to the studio powers would be super awesome.  Chatting with Jervis and Gav Thorpe last year was pretty cool.  They seemed impressed by our rampant enthusiasm!

I don't know if there is a lack of enthusiasm for the IGT this year, I think it's more that some of us old regulars can't go this year.  I'm unavailable, I know that Adam Cunis can't go either, plus I'm sure a couple more of us have stuff on too.  Losing even five of us is a huge impact on the event.  Procrastination is probably having an impact on pre-bookings, but that's been a constant of the last few events.  I just hope the threat of it being called off will spur some people into action!

Properly gutted I'm having to give it a miss this year,

Ruaridh

RobSkib

Put me down as a maybe - I'll need to conferr with the Matriarch to see what day she's picking my stuff up from uni at the end of term.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

MarcoSkoll

... Right, I guess I'd better get my arse in gear and start trying to see if I can get myself organised then (no promises yet though).

If I am going to make an appearance and a decent performance, I'll need to get thinking on my scenario. I've not run a stand-alone game in ages, especially not one where I haven't any clue about the characters involved long in advance or where there's a particular time limit.

Thinking is needed.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Macabre

After receiving the network reminder, I have made arrangements to make it down there. Put me down as a definate, Robey. But I'll probably be unable to pay for the tickets until the day (if any are left that is).
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

precinctomega

Unfortunately, I can't count "I'll definitely be there" against the minimum registrations.

R.

Macabre

++Believe the lie. Trust no one++