Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2009 - Sat 12 Dec - Warhammer World - UPDATED

Started by precinctomega, October 14, 2009, 08:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simeon Blackstar

My chances of being able to come have shot up substantially, what with my eye appointment moving forward.  Unfortunately this is because my vision has been deteriorating in my one good eye, but every cloud, eh?

As soon as my PayPal account gets reactivated, I'll try to get my booking in.

Oh, and Marco - get booked, then think of a scenario.  Even a "you both want this book.  Go." scenario is better than the whole thing being called off, and so far there's not many down.  Besides, you have plenty of time to think.

So, if all goes well, we could have:
Gav
Kaled
The_fire_cleans
Macabre
Adlan
Me
Marco
RobSkib

At least 2 more to get in two weeks.  Doesn't sound infeasible.

greenstuff_gav

i'm working on bringing a local player; haven't seen him online today to see if hes prebooked yet :P

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Simeon Blackstar on November 16, 2009, 12:23:45 AMOh, and Marco - get booked, then think of a scenario.
No, the scenario isn't the reason why I can't get booked immediately.

I've got range tests for an experimental projectile design (I'll spare you the finer details) scheduled over that weekend. There was an alternate weekend that was proposed in January (I think it was the 16-17th), which is more convenient from some perspectives, but I can't yet be entirely certain about whether moving things is viable.
Unfortunately, the notes I had on why we originally chose 12-13th Dec are AWOL with my laptop. Either way, I'll see what can happen - I should know in time.

In the end, the scenario is just something I'll want to put thinking time into in advance. Yeah, a bog-standard "Get the Artefact first" scenario could work - but I'd rather GM something a bit more interesting, and I'm sure people would rather play something more interesting.
...Hey, if I'm showing up, I might as well at least try for a reasonable score.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

Quotehaven't seen him online today to see if hes prebooked yet

He has.  And I might fix things so that I can play.  Any volunteers to help me with the rules pack, then?

R.

Holiad

Posted my registration earlier today, so expect to receive it in the next few days. 
Poor noble Marech
Noone 'till the end could see
Your brave heart of fire

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on November 17, 2009, 04:34:56 PM
Any volunteers to help me with the rules pack, then?
a quick google gave me This; wanna email me the changes and i can have a play?

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

If you are editing it, I notice a few of the old links are dead. If you need to, feel free to link to any of the files I've got on the PDF re-hosting.

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

That's one of the things.

I'll email Gav a list of required amendments.

R.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: precinctomega on November 18, 2009, 10:56:56 AM
I'll email Gav a list of required amendments.

can you stick some fonts on there (or atleast the names) please? the converter has stripped everything back to Times New Roman :lol:

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

Mark me down as a definitely probably be there! I'll get the money to you tomorrow Robey. Couple of quickies: What time does it start, and what time does it end?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

precinctomega

Starts at 10.  Ends at 6.  And, for information, I have, so far, a grand total of four pre-registrations: three by PayPal and one by mail.

So all of you "I'll definitely be there" people need to do something about paying for your tickets (which, incidentally, are virtual this year, to keep costs down, so don't expect a ticket in the post) or I'll be calling this event off this week.

R.

greenstuff_gav

c'mon people! i now have to work on Boxing Day and New Years Day to get the 12th off!
plus PO threw a great tourney last year; everyone had fun :)

Build Your Imagination

precinctomega

OK, OK, I relent.

A number of people have now contacted me to say that they absolutely, definitely will be there on the day but that, for various reasons, they cannot give me the money right now.

I will believe them purely on the grounds that, if they do turn up, they get to pay the higher fee of £12 on the day and I should break even and be able to offer decent prize support.

STOP PRESS: The near-legendary Arbitrator Bob has recently been in touch to say that he, too, will be coming this year.  So to meet perhaps the one man who stands a chance of taking on Dave "Kaled" Knowles in a head-for-head for the ultimate prize, you'll need to be there on the day!

However, I do need to be able to give Bugman's numbers for lunch so, if you want to get fed, please send an email to precinctomega [at] googlemail [dot] com including all of the details required in the Briefing Pack, and any special dietary requirements.

THIS IS IMPORTANT.

If I don't know you're coming, I can't organize food and you won't get any.  It will NOT - repeat NOT be possible to order food at the bar on the day.  Got that?

Finally, I have emailed Gav the amendments for the Briefing Pack, so hopefully that will be updated very soon.

R.

Macabre

I'll bring my own food this time (I remember the waiting time for food in spring). I'm no longer going to say that I'll be there, because everytime I make commitments, fate intervenes and dictates otherwise.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

MarcoSkoll

I've been looking at journey times.

Someone tell me that 4 hours each way and getting up at 5 am is worth it...

GW's =I= articles