Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

RobSkib's mad NPC thread

Started by RobSkib, January 24, 2010, 12:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolnikan

That guy is really completely badass. A real  hunter capable of bringing down any prey.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: RobSkib on March 29, 2011, 03:12:57 PM
His first game was a little disappointing, attracting more missiles than is generally healthy, but his following games he clawed back a bit of dignity by stealthing around and stabbing people. He shot a lot of groins as well, which made me happy.

including throwing himself down a flight of stairs? :D

great conversion and fantastic paintjob - well worth Best Miniature  ;D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Dolnikan

Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

RobSkib

Hey, it was either the stairs, or another three actions of blessed bolt pistol rounds!

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to fight Heroka Vendile's Giant Spider of Doom.. I wrote the Big Game Hunter special rule in anticipation for such a beastie  :'(
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: RobSkib on March 29, 2011, 10:07:56 PM
Hey, it was either the stairs, or another three actions of blessed bolt pistol rounds!

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to fight Heroka Vendile's Giant Spider of Doom.. I wrote the Big Game Hunter special rule in anticipation for such a beastie  :'(

I would quickly point out for anyone who wasn't there that I was on the receiving end of said spider, not the provider (that was Bloodpact / Neil Jim Gallagher).

Hern is an excellent model though Rob, deserving winner of the P&M prize.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Myriad

It's a great model.  I'll see if I can bring a knarloc for him to hunt next meet.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

precinctomega

Definitely my favourite model from the Conclave in the last six months or so (although when Dave finishes his female Rogue Trader conversion, he might get a run for his money!).

R.

judge-minos

beautifully painted, I loved it before but now he looks amazing, I did not even realize what head you used before the painting. I have 3 of those and they don't seem to fit with any of my models and you used it on the most unlikely of characters and made it work. I guess I should take them out and think out of the box (or in the Kroot mouth)  ;D

kierkegaard

Quote from: precinctomega on March 30, 2011, 01:54:47 PM
Definitely my favourite model from the Conclave in the last six months or so

Definitely one of my favourite models on the Conclave ever. An 11/10. The originality of the model, the character it oozes, and the execution and painting all give this model the bonus points to raise it into a class above most models. It makes me quite embarrassed by my own efforts.

Hadriel Caine

Quote from: judge-minos on March 30, 2011, 03:54:50 PMdid not even realize what head you used

me either. Just realised it was Jan now! Look totally different to my use of it. The variety of the limited parts available to us never ceases to amaze me.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

RobSkib

*ahem*

I can't believe it's been three months since I've painted any Inquisitor models. A shameful display. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like much is going to live up to Hern, so I'm going through my Box Of Shame and finishing up models that I've built and undercoated, but never got round to painting.

First up is Traitor Guardsman Tlashcala. Nothing hugely exciting here, but I've had that arm kicking about in my bits box for so long, its about time it got used for something.

Secondly I have Feth Korpik, whose parents didn't like him very much when they named him. He is actually an abandoned model by a friend who no longer plays, and I simply love how well all these parts fitted together. No greenstuff was used to fill joints, just a clean cut to transplant the old Dark Eldar weapon over a guardsman lasgun arm. He's been adopted into my own warband now, and I fully expect his previous warband will get a touch of paint over the coming weeks as well, or will get dunked in turps and stripped for bits.

Curiously, these photos have come out really grainy, and I'm not sure why. I havn't changed any camera settings, and light conditions are as good as they usually are when I take photos, any ideas why they're not as crisp as they should be? Considering that Hern's snaps were taken with this camera, identical settings and similar lighting conditions, I'm a little concerned. Do cameras degrade?

+++++++

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: RobSkib on July 21, 2011, 01:35:20 PMDo cameras degrade?
CCDs can age - however, I've never seen it happen that quickly.

I suspect the problem here is the batteries. CCDs take "darker" images if they're not getting enough juice, and it looks like that's happened here - the camera's auto ISO has then cut in to try to compensate for it, which is the source of the increased image noise.

Try new batteries. Of course, better lighting wouldn't hurt either.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

wargame_insomniac

Love Feth Korpik. Is that Covenant body with Delphan Gruss head. Very nice indeed1

Cheers

James

RobSkib

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on July 21, 2011, 02:05:53 PM
I suspect the problem here is the batteries. CCDs take "darker" images if they're not getting enough juice, and it looks like that's happened here - the camera's auto ISO has then cut in to try to compensate for it, which is the source of the increased image noise.

I'll try all these things, thanks.

Quote from: wargame_insomniac on July 21, 2011, 02:56:33 PMIs that Covenant body with Delphan Gruss head

It's actually the Eldar Ranger hooded head and the Bounty Hunter's body, fits like a glove!
                                     +++++++

Myriad

Another great model just from an original combination of parts.  One of the best trenchcoat / hooded figures I've seen. 

Traitor guardsman as mad as ever, good to see.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!